Toddler through Age Six
CMA offers a full and half day option through the summer to allow children to continue learning but have fun too! Children spend time in the classroom working with familiar Montessori materials and building important skills such as independence. They have plenty of outdoor time, water play, and activities centered around each week’s exciting and educational theme. Summer Camp is open to current CMA children as well as non-CMA children ages three and up.
- Summer Camp is offered 7:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday – Friday.
- Camp begins June 1st and ends August 7th.
- Half day camp is available 9:00 am – 1:00 pm students pack their own lunch
- Afternoon and Late Afternoon Care is available. Please select these services during program registration.
- A four day option is available
Montessori Camp (Toddler – Age Six)
Blast off into space, explore an underwater world, and much more in between all in one summer at Central Montessori Academy’s summer camp! Camp is for toddlers and for children ages three to six and led by trained teaching staff who want to make your child’s summer exciting and educational too. A day at camp includes time exploring in the Montessori classroom, outdoor play on the campus’ natural playground and wooded area, and activities centered around a different weekly theme (see the CMA website for each week’s theme). Full and half day options available as well as extended care before and after camp hours. Enroll in this program today by downloading the Summer Camp 2020 Registration Form and deliver the form with a $100 deposit check to secure a spot for summer camp. CMA must have 6 students in order to run the program. Summer camp themes coming soon:
Week 1 – June 1st – June 5th – Dinosaurs
- Learn about the ancient reptiles that roamed Earth millions of year ago! Learn about fossils, name some dinosaurs, immerse yourself in what the ancient dinosaur landscape may have looked like, and more!
Week 2 – June 8th – June 12th – Science Experiments
- Are you a future scientist? Come sharpen your investigating skills, learn about chemical reactions and explore the beauty of nature with this week of fun!
Week 3 – June 15th – June 19th – Space Exploration
- Put on your space suit and blast off with us to explore outer space! We will learn about the planets and other parts of the universe beyond our Earth’s atmosphere.
Week 4 – June 22nd – June 26th – Creative Arts
- Do you like cutting, coloring, gluing, painting and creating? So do we! Spend the week exploring different types of art projects. Student will have plenty of time and art materials to be creative.
Week 5 – June 29th – July 2nd (4th of July is observed on July 3rd) – Landforms
- Learn the names and shapes of the different forms that the land around us can take. Students will have a variety of hands-on activities to explore and build these landforms.
Week 6 – July 6th – July 10th – Underwater
- Take a dive down into the water! Explore animals and plants that are a part of an underwater world and how this differs from life on the land.
Week 7 – July 13th – July 17th – Dr. Seuss
- Welcome all Whos, Grinches, Things, Cats in Hats, Hortons and more to celebrate all the unique characters and stories of beloved children’s author Dr. Seuss. There will be games, activities and crafts based upon Dr. Seuss books, and of course, plenty of stories read aloud!
Week 8 – July 20th – July 24th – Wood Shop
- Spend a week learning to be a carpenter! We will learn the names of different types of tools and their uses. Students will get to practice using sandpaper, hammers, screwdrivers and a hand held drill.
Week 9 – July 27th – July 31st- Lego Discovery
- Calling all builders and creators! Come enjoy a week of building with Lego and doing other Lego-themed activities!
Week 10 – August 3rd – August 7th – Outdoor Exploration
- Spend the day in the great outdoors. This week will have lots of outdoor play time, games, nature hikes and water play. We will be outside as much as the weather will allow.
|Pre-Primary Weekly Rates|
|Times||5 Days||4 Days|
|Mont. Camp and Care||7:30-5:30||$310||$255|
|Late Afternoon Care||3:30-5:30||$35||$30|
- All registration forms and payment can be dropped off or sent to Central Montessori Academy
- Deposit: There is a $200.00 per child non-refundable deposit due at time of registration. This will allow us to staff the program appropriately.
- Sibling Discount: 10% for two or more children.
- Partial Attendance Rule: No refund or reduction in fees is possible for a child who arrives late, leaves early or attends only part of a session.
- Application Fee: One-time application fee for non-CMA families is $50 (child must be 3-6 years to join as a new family). Application fee is non-refundable. Download CMA’s Child Application Form. Applications for summer turned in before May 1st CMA will waive the application fee for any new family.
- If only registering for a week. Payments should be received before student starts camp.
- May 1st – All application fees and deposits are due.
- May 15th – First three weeks program balances are due.
- June 15th – Second three weeks program balances are due.
- July 15th – Final three weeks program balances are due.